Monday, July 23, 2012

Tell Me More! Linky Party/New Blogger Blog Hop


Step Into Second Grade with Mrs. Lemons is hosting this fun Linky. It is so fun learning about all of you. I began blogging in December 2011, so I'm still fairly new at this. But blogging and stalking has helped immensely in my teaching, and I thank you all for that!

So here's a little about me...

1.  My very first year I taught (my intern year), I taught my son who will now be a Senior this year -- YIKES!

2.  Last year I had the opportunity of teaching my nephew. It was so fun for me to see him in a completely different environment than a family gathering. He's a great kid, and super student!

3.  I play music in my classroom every day. I love to teach the students silly songs, fun songs, and popular songs. Whenever a concept can be taught through music or song, I take the opportunity to teach it that way.

4.  I love Broadway Musicals. My favorite is 


I've seen it three times, and would go again in a New York Minute! Just this summer I've seen Mary Poppins, Aladdin, Sound of Music, and My Fair Lady.

5.  I got to meet Stephenie Meyer (Twilight) when I went to a children's literature  symposium. You know I love you, if I'm sharing this picture -- it's absolutely hideous of me!



6.  Whenever we go on vacation as a family, we always hit a MLB game. I've been to Yankee Stadium, Fenway Park, Wrigley Field, Coors Field, Safeco Field, Dodger Stadium, Anaheim Stadium, Petco Park, and AT&T Park.

7.  Speaking of baseball, my husband proposed to me here...


8.  I love riding my bike. When I was younger and B.K. (Before Kids) my husband and I would log about 200 miles per week. We also rode a Century (100 miler) from Orange County to San Diego in one day. I've discovered "Spinning" this year, and I absolutely love it!!

9.  My favorite restaurant is 


 The menu reads like a short novel, and I'm still trying to discover my favorite cheesecake. I order a different one each time I go. (That new Oreo one coming out next week looks heavenly, can't wait to try it!)

10.  I never liked to read as a child. In fact, I had terrible comprehension. But now, I love to read, so there is hope for our students that are like I was.



I'm also linking up with Grade Three is the Place for Me. Like I stated above, I've been blogging since December 2011. I hope that doesn't make me an oldie blogger. I at least, consider myself still new at this blogging stuff.

I need to respond to the following:


  1.  what state you are in

    2.  your current teaching position
    3.  your teaching experience
    4.  when you started blogging
    5.  share a blogging tip / blogging resource

1.  I am in Utah. 
2.  I will be teaching First Grade for the first time this year.
3.  I have taught second grade for 10 years, and starting my 11th year in first grade. I'm so excited for the change.
4.  I started this blog on December 26, 2011.
5.  I blog because it gives me a chance to collaborate with some amazing teachers out there. Like I never would have known about Daily 5 if I hadn't started blogging. I'm so excited to begin D5 this year. Blogging has given me the opportunity for book studies, and making new friends. 








9 comments:

  1. Just found you through the blog hop and am now following you! I'd love for you to come take a look at my blog!

    Stephanie
    Mrs. A's Room

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Wicked too! And Fenway Park is my favorite ballpark (I'm a huge Red Sox fan)!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am your newest follower. Found you through the blog hop!

    Come check out my very new blog!

    Mrs. B's Nook

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog through the newbie blog hop and I am your newest follower!! It is so cute!! I would love for you to visit when you have a chance.

    Jess
    Mrs. Wood's Class

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute blog! Thanks for stopping by my blog for my giveaway!

    Hilary
    Rockin' Teacher Materials

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog!! I am still new to blogging, how do you get the other blogs you follow to show up on the right hand side?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a hoot! I also love MLB and The Cheesecake Factory! :) I found your blog through another blog. Come visit us sometime for some freebies and ideas. http://primarypossibilities.blogspot.com/
    Your newest follower, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have had my dream proposal! I went to Dodger stadium for the first time, to celebrate my 30th birthday. While we were there someone did the proposal thing. Made my day even better. I also love musicals. Didn't you love the ceiling walking by Bert!?

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love musicals as well--my mom was always listening to show tunes--and we would dance around the living room and sing the Sound of Music songs. It was a dream come true when I went to Salzburg and saw many of the sights! You work in Utah--I did my undergraduate work in Utah, and had my first teaching experience in Cedar City. I worked in an art museum and helped the teachers with the art requirements. My hat goes off to any teacher who doesn't have specials to break up the day! In the district where I student taught, they had art once a week for one hour!!! So cool you taught your son and nephew--I don't think I want to teach my kids--my boys are far too critical and tell me their opinion too much!!!

    ReplyDelete