Monday, March 31, 2014

You HAVE to read "The Twits!"

Once again, I'm linking up with Amanda for another round of "Must-Read Monday." My all time favorite Roald Dahl book is of course, The Twits. The characters in this book are funny, disgusting, gross, sneaky, and a little bit dumb. But that's what makes this book so great. These strangely wild and curious characters that only Roald Dahl can come up with, are intriguing and you'll have a hard time putting the book down because you'll want to see what scheme they come up with next. I've read this book to first and second graders, but I think older grades will like it just as well. Try it out for your next read aloud.

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. I actually have a six book set of this title at school. I think after break I will introduce it to one of my guided reading groups. Roald Dahl has a way of engaging even the most reluctant readers.

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. I hope your readers love it as much as I do.

      Delete
  2. So glad you mentioned "The Twits." Roald Dahl is one of my very favorite authors and he has so many books that make great read-alouds!

    Love to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might be the only one of his books that I haven't read yet, so your recommendation is motivating! I'll put it on my reading list :)

    bookandbliss

    ReplyDelete